Friday, February 27, 2009

Timing

During the sports seasons we have gotten some excellent photos, but we also have a ton of unusable boring ones. This is all based on timing. Taking sports pictures is all about timing and learning better timing comes from knowing the sport you are photographing. For example, I took volleyball pictures earlier this year and they were all horrible because I never knew when something cool was going to happen. Now that I am taking basketball pictures, though, they are looking much better because I used to play basketball and can tell when there is something photo-worthy going on. These include fastbreaks, full court defenses, physical layups and rebounds, etc. We must capture the best pictures possible if we want our yearbook to be a success so I would ask everyone to do a little studying before taking pictures.

1 comment: